* 2014 Update In Progress *
Keep up with your favourite racing series by adding IWTMR Calendars to your Google Calendar, iCal (iOS / Apple devices), Outlook, or any other service which supports the XML, ICAL or HTML formats. Just click the link for the series you want to import and it will appear in your calendar.
Scroll down to the table below to pick your championships!
Updates for 2014
IMPORTANT – I’ve moved F1 dates to a new calendar. When I first set these up I, without realising it was important, put F1 into the primary calendar of my Google Calendar, the main one connected to my Google account. I need to use this for other things. Apologies for the hassle.
ALMS, Grand-Am and United SportsCar
IMSA TUDOR United SportsCar Championship (TUSC) is the merger of ALMS and Grand-Am. I’ve reused the ALMS calendar for the new series, if you already have ALMS you don’t need to do anything except scroll into 2014. It has been renamed and you can find it under IMSA.
IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge (CTSC). This is the slightly-renamed Conti Tire series. As above I’ve prefixed it with IMSA so now the two series are shown together in your lists.
Super GT & Super Formula
By request I am covering Super GT in 2014. I’ve re-used the GrandAm Rolex Series schedule for this purpose, if you followed GrandAm’s dates in 2013 you should now see Super GT’s dates in 2014. If I’m including Super GT it makes sense to include the related Super Formula (it used to be Formula Nippon).
This is a new addition.
I’m moving the major F3 races back into Misc. Dedicated F3 calendars have been deleted. I may reverse this decision if I ever decide to include GP3, Pro Mazda and myriad other F3 series.
- One calendar per series – sign up to the racing you are interested in without getting loads you don’t care about.
- Let me know if there is a major international or national series not included that you’d like to see.
- I haven’t included Practice/Qualifying. I tried this one and discovered when you follow more than 5 or 6 series all the extra sessions clog up the page, hiding all the races, so I decided to focus on what is important: the racing!
- No race start times. While F1 may be very good about posting start times you would be surprised how many series instead publicise TV broadcast times in their country – US series are very good at this trick. Actual start times are often available in PDFs buried deep in websites, and those are often unavailable until the week of the race. I can’t chase them around every week (I tried it the first year I did this – never again!). On top of that I’d have to work out the timezones and make sure Google saves it properly (I kept discovering races I entered as GMT would default back to Google HQ time on the US Pacific Coast). Too Much Hassle. I strongly recommend TimeAndDate.com’s converter and map.
- No TV times. I don’t know where you live!
- If a series has 2 or 3 races in one day they are represented with a single entry. If there are two races spread over two days they get two entries. After trial and error I found this was the best solution. If BTCC, WTCC and V8 Supercars race the same day that could be 7 entries which is quite cluttered. Separate entries for two races on two days works because it reminds us the double-header isn’t on the same day.
- ‘Misc’ calendar. Dakar Rally, Goodwood Festival of Speed, Goodwood Revival, Isle of Man TT, Nurburgring 24 Hours, and anything else.
- ‘Other Sport’ calendar. I made this for my own benefit and made it public in 2012 for the Olympics & Paralympics. I find it helps work out clashes between important sports events and races we might want to see. It actually helps tracking the year go by as well, when suddenly you get to the Tour de France and realise it is July.
- I’ve been running these calendars since the 2011 racing season. I like to think I’m getting good at it but I still miss things, and dates are changed sometimes without me noticing. If you see any errors or would like to see any additions please let me know.
- If you find these useful please do share them. Spread the word!
- One last thing – please DO NOT add your own events to these lists. Make your own separate calendar for that. I will remove unauthorised items.
I’ve included all three links provided to me. Try them and pick the best one suited to your app.
For Google Calendar: click the HTML link then click the +GoogleCalendar icon on the bottom right.
For Apple devices (iPhone, iPad): click the ICAL link
If you aren’t sure try going left-to-right XML-ICAL-HTML until one works the way you want it.
|FIA F1||FIA Formula One World Championship||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|ICS||IndyCar Series (Indy 500)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|OTHER OPEN WHEEL|
|FIA FE||FIA Formula E||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|FR3.5||Formula Renault 3.5||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|Indy Lights||Indy Lights||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|ACO / IMSA / ‘LE MANS’|
|FIA WEC||FIA World Endurance (Le Mans 24)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|IMSA USC||IMSA United Sportscar (Daytona, Sebring)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|ELMS||European Le Mans Series (ELMS)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|Asian LMS||Asian Le Mans Series (AsLMS)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|Cont. Tire||IMSA Continental Tire Challenge (CTSC)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|Super GT||Super GT||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|FIA GT||FIA GT Series||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|BES||Blancpain Endurance Series (Spa 24)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|Int’l GT Open||International GT Open||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|24H||24H Series (Creventic) (Dubai 24Hr)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|British GT||British GT||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|Britcar||Britcar British Endurance||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|DTM||Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|V8SC||V8 Supercars Australia||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|WTCC||FIA World Touring Car Championship||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|BTCC||MSA British Touring Car Championship||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|NSC||Sprint Cup (Daytona 500)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|NCWTS||Camping World Truck Series||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|WSBK||FIM World Superbikes||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|WRC||FIA World Rally Championship||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|FIA ERC||FIA European Rally Championship||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|MISC||Dakar, Nurb.24, IoM TT, Goodwood||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|OTHER||Tour de France, 6 Nations, various other||XML||ICAL||HTML|
I hope you find them useful!