* 2014 Update In Progress *
Keep up with your favourite racing series by adding IWTMR Calendars to your Google Calendar, iCal (iOS / Apple devices), Outlook, or any other service which supports the XML, ICAL or HTML formats. Just click the link for the series you want to import and it will appear in your calendar.
Scroll down to the table below to pick your championships!
Updates for 2014
IMPORTANT – I moved F1 dates to a new calendar. When I first set these up I, without realising it was important, put F1 into the primary calendar of my Google Calendar. I need to use this for other things. Please use the new F1 calendar. Apologies for the hassle.
ALMS, Grand-Am and IMSA United SportsCar
The American Le Mans Series and the Grand-Am Rolex Series have merged. They are now one series called the IMSA TUDOR United SportsCar Championship (TUSC). I used the existing ALMS calendar for the new series, so if you already subscribed to my calendar for ALMS you don’t need to do anything except scroll into 2014. It has been renamed and you can find it under IMSA. I’ve reused the Rolex list to make a list for Super GT.
Grand-Am’s Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge (CTSC) has now been prefixed with IMSA so now the two series are shown together in your lists.
Super GT & Super Formula
By request I am covering Super GT in 2014. Since the GrandAm Rolex Series calendar is no longer required I used that, so if you followed GrandAm’s dates in 2013 and scroll forward you should see Super GT’s dates in 2014.
Super Formula is the sister series and it used to be called Formula Nippon. I’ll get those dates when I can.
Other New Additions: Formula E, Rallycross, Drag Racing
FIA Formula E.
FIA World Rallycross, FIA European Rallycross, Global Rallycross.
NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing, FIA European Drag Racing.
I decided to stop supporting open wheel series below FRenault 3.5 / AutoGP / Indy Lights, so that means no F3, no GP3, no Pro Mazda. Sorry.
Guidelines / Rules / Notes
I had to set some ground rules to keep things consistent and reduce the workload.
- One calendar per series. Sign up to the racing you are interested in, without getting loads you don’t care about.
- I haven’t included Practice/Qualifying. I tried this before and discovered if you follow more than 5 or 6 series all the sessions clog up the page and hide all the races. I decided to focus on what is important: the racing!
- No race start times. While F1 is good about posting actual start times you’d be surprised how many series only publicise TV broadcast times in their own country – US series are very good at this. Actual start times are often available in PDFs buried deep in websites, often unavailable or unreliable until the week of the race. In my first year doing this I chased them around each week – never again! On top of that I’d have to work out the timezones and make sure Google saves it properly, which it doesn’t do as it likes to default back to Google HQ’s timezone on the US Pacific Coast. Too Much Hassle. I strongly recommend TimeAndDate.com’s converter and map.
- No TV times. I don’t know where you live!
- If a series has 2 or 3 races in one day they are represented with a single entry and I try to note that in the entry.
If there are two or more races spread over two days they get an entry per day. Rallies and other multi-day / multi-stage events get one long entry spanning several days.
My reasoning: if BTCC, WTCC and V8 Supercars all race the same day that could be 5 or 6 entries which soon clutters up the diary. It is better to have 3 entries with notations saying “2 races”.
- The ‘Misc’ calendar is a catch-all for other things like Dakar Rally, Goodwood Festival of Speed, Goodwood Revival, Isle of Man TT, Nurburgring 24 Hours, Bathurst 12 Hours.
- The ‘Other Sport’ calendar I made for my own benefit and made it public in 2012 for the Olympics & Paralympics. I find it helps work out clashes between important sports events and races we might want to see. It actually helps track the year go by as well, when suddenly you get to the Tour de France and realise it is July already..
- I’ve been running these calendars since the 2011 racing season. I like to think I’m getting good at it but I still miss things, and dates are changed sometimes without me noticing. If you see any errors or would like to see any additions please let me know.
- If you find these useful please do share them. Spread the word!
- One last thing – please DO NOT add your own events to these lists. Make your own separate calendar for that. I will remove unauthorised items. I think I’ve turned off the option for you to add items so only I can do it, but I can never be sure.
I’ve included all three links provided to me by the system. Try them and pick the best one suited to your app.
For Google Calendar: click the HTML link then click the +GoogleCalendar icon on the bottom right.
For Apple devices (iPhone, iPad): click the ICAL link
The series official website is on the left, the name in the middle and three calendar options on the right, and if you aren’t sure which to use try them one at a time until one works the way you want it.
|FIA F1||FIA Formula One World Championship||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|IndyCar||IndyCar Series (Indy 500)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|OTHER OPEN WHEEL|
|FIA FE||FIA Formula E||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|FR3.5||Formula Renault 3.5||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|Indy Lights||Indy Lights||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|ACO / IMSA / ‘LE MANS’|
|FIA WEC||FIA World Endurance (Le Mans 24)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|IMSA USC||IMSA United Sportscar (Daytona 24, Sebring 12)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|ELMS||European Le Mans Series (ELMS)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|Asian LMS||Asian Le Mans Series (AsianLMS)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|Cont. Tire||IMSA Continental Tire Challenge (CTSC)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|Super GT||Super GT||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|BSS||Blancpain Sprint (it was FIA GT)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|BES||Blancpain Endurance (Spa 24)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|Int’l GT Open||International GT Open||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|24H||24H Series (Creventic) (Dubai 24)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|British GT||British GT||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|Britcar||Britcar British Endurance||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|DTM||Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|V8SC||V8 Supercars Australia||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|WTCC||FIA World Touring Car Championship||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|BTCC||MSA British Touring Car Championship||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|NSC||Sprint Cup (Daytona 500)||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|NCWTS||Camping World Truck Series||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|WSBK||FIM World Superbikes||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|FIA WRC||FIA World Rally Championship||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|FIA ERC||FIA European Rally Championship||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|FIA WRX||FIA World Rallycross Championship||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|FIA ERX||FIA European Rallycross Championship||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|NHRA||NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|FIA EDRC||FIA European Drag Racing Championship||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|MISC||Dakar, Nurb.24, IoM TT, Goodwood||XML||ICAL||HTML|
|OTHER||Tour de France, Olympics, World Cup||XML||ICAL||HTML|
I hope you find them useful!