For the last few weeks I have taken part in the ‘Thursday Thoughts’ initiative, which calls for bloggers to respond to a question set by a colleague. This week it is my turn to ask the question.
– What innovations would you like to see in F1 content delivery?
This came up on Wednesday at the Motorsport Business Forum in Monaco in relation to Formula 1’s reluctance to embrace new technologies and content delivery systems, and you can read some of the reports from Autosport here and here as well as some excellent entries from Stuart Codling’s new blog here and here. The main point coming from it was people want more than just the TV experience, they want more online and mobile content.
All of which was fascinating from those in the industry but what I want to know is what my fellow fan thinks, after all we are the end users. What sort of online and mobile content do you want to see? How do you want to consume F1 in the near future, say by this time next year or going into the following season?
This question is aimed at F1 but if you want to expand it out or talk about other racing that’s fine. This is a multi-series blog whose remit is to get people talking about different racing (including how F1 relates to various other racing), which is why I included WRC’s fascinating announcement in the links above.
I will update this post as blog entries come in, please feel free to link to your blog in the comments or if you don’t have a blog perhaps you may like to post your thoughts here. I look forward to your opinions!
– Ollie at BlogF1 already wrote about this yesterday;
– A month ago Allen from The Furious Wedge wrote about the online services provided by IRL and A1GP;
– StartledBunny of Another Planet and RubberGoat from Making Up The Numbers both mention joining in with the race while it is in progress, which is an interesting idea;
– Over at Sidepodcast they are already a few years ahead of many of us when it comes to consuming video away from the TV, and Christine considers the only way forward may be to change the man at the top. (Mr C also wrote something on online content recently).
– Dylan from the new Triple League Racing blog offers an interesting perspective on how IndyCar and NASCAR approach things.
5 thoughts on “Thursday Thoughts: Question”
being a sad ex ps123 f1 game player i would like to see all cars fitted with GPS so you get constant real time location of them all on track in corner of screen that way you really get to see how good / bad all cars doing in real time instead of just getting the what the cameras pick out to show you
Here's my Thursday Thoughts from my blog 'Making Up The Numbers' – http://f1numbers.wordpress.com/2009/12/10/thursday-thoughts-f1-content-innovations/
Here's my Thursday thoughts, from my blog Triple League Racing http://tripleleagueracing.wordpress.com/2009/12/10/thursday-thought-how-can-racing-emrace-the-new-media/
Comments are closed.